Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ballin' 1.2: Big News

I'm back from Vancouver, but can't share all of the pictures until I spill some exciting news first:

I've paid off my first credit card!

February has been very good to me financially. With all of my work-related travel I've been able to clock some major overtime hours. Additionally, I've sold a couple of items on eBay and received my work bonus. Add it all together and I had extra money to throw at my cards. FYI: I paid off my J Crew store card. It's my card with the second lowest balance, but highest APR (24.99% - OUCH).

Talk about a fantastic way to kick off the debt retirement process. I'm much more motivated to do this than I thought I'd be.

I plan on paying off my Nordstrom store card next month. It has the lowest balance of all of my cards, but it'll feel nice to mark two cards off of my list. After that I'll begin attacking my Saks Store card. I'll try to do a post about my payment process here in the coming weeks.

Happy March, everyone!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

That's fantastic!!! Congrats!!!

Alison Kinsey said...

congrats Rachael, that's super exciting!!!
How are you liking all the work-related travel?

emaleigh said...

YESSS! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!