Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekend In Richmond

I went back to Richmond, Virginia, this past weekend to visit some friends and to break up the monotony of this New England winter. Actually the second part of that sentence is a lie--between Miami, Richmond and my upcoming trip to Vancouver, I'll only have spent fourteen February calendar days in Boston.

My reflections on Richmond will come in a later post, but for now I'll share some of the pictures. Seriously, I miss these people. I'm sure any of you who have moved to a new city as an adult know just how hard it is to make new friends and get back into a social groove. It's the one area of my new life in Boston that's really lacking. Thank goodness for weekend trips, even if they are few and far between.

Weekend Highlights:
  • Pretending we were straight outta college again by partying at our old hot spots on both Friday and Saturday night (haven't gone out on both weekend nights since leaving RVA)
  • Hitting up Target. You know, I could literally throw a rock from my roof in Boston and hit a Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue, but sometimes all you really want is a Target. Since word on the street (Yelp) is that the one closest to me via public transit is a major dump (think veering slightly more toward WalMart in terms of cleanliness and customer craziness), I patiently wait to shop at Target when I visit other cities. It's the little things in life.
  • Chick-fil-a. Enough said. No Waffle House, though.
But I said I wasn't going to write much, so here are the photos...


 Blurry shot. Good times.

 This picture makes my mouth water. What I wouldn't give for some Chick-fil-A right now.

I can't wait to go back again this summer. Time to begin making plans.

You keep classy, Richmond.

5 comments:

erika said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! I would love to go back and party in my college town.....memories :)

Emma said...

Ah, Chick-fil-a is Fabulous ! I miss it from TX. I don't think Wa has any.

Anonymous said...

Totally jeluz. The closest CFA is about 90 minutes from me!

Alison Kinsey said...

aww these pictures are so cute. It looks like you had a wonderful time!! Is there not a Chick-fil-A in Boston? there's definitely some in the 'burbs not too far from the city, I know that much :) Looooove that place.
And we should get together much much more!

emaleigh said...

this looks like so much fun! I'm actually a short 2 hours away from RVA!! Glad you had fun!