Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Barcelona Part 1: The W Hotel

If I could have it my way, I'd jump in a cab to Boston Logan and hop back on a plane to Barcelona. My trip this week was short for sure, but we packed a lot of punch into those few days.

Honestly, there's too much to cover in one post, so I'm breaking it up into four: Hotel Overview, Sightseeing Overview, What I Wore and Scenic Overview.

So about this hotel...

Photo I took of the hotel on my last night in Barcelona

We were put up in the W Barcelona. Freaking fabulous is the best phrase I could use to describe it. I've stayed in a handful of fancy people hotels now via work, but this was my favorite so far. I'll allow the photos to speak for themselves.

My suite (they upgraded me!!)
 
The view of the Mediterranean Sea from my window. I mean, really?!?
 
Cocktail, anybody?

Kick ass shower

The room itself was amazing, but the service was what really had me. Since our company will be doing business with the hotel in the future, they sent up some room gifts several times during my stay:







Wine + chocolates the first day (how cool are the hotel-shaped chocolates?) and a "jet lag" kit the second day (tea and red bull with a cute note)


But there was life outside of my awesome room and luxurious bed (I wanted to take it home with me). The hotel was hopping--probably the largest number of gorgeous and trendy people I've seen congregated in one place at any given time. Makes sense when you consider the ambiance of the hotel:

Indoor restaurant/lounge
 
Hotel Lobby

We hung out in the pool side lounge area several evenings. I swear I could have stayed there all night had I not had work obligations during the day. Chic for sure, but also very relaxed. Nothing like sipping a little champagne next to the pool :)


Pool bar
 
View of the hotel at night from our lounge area

The area we stayed in reminded me a lot of South Beach in Miami, but without all of the pretense. Lots of beautiful wealthy people hanging out, but displaying said characteristics didn't seem to be the name of the game. It seemed like most people were just out to relax and have a good time, not to see and be seen.

Next up is Part Two: Sightseeing Overview.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Em Gee. Barcelona and the W Hotel are freakin' fabulous!

KDot said...

I want to go to there.

Tanya said...

o.... m.... g!!!!! that looks AMAZING!!!!! My now-company put me in the W when I interviewed with them and I've loved that hotel ever since, though obviously it doesn't compare to their Barcelona counterpart. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. So far it looks amazing!

Shanna-Marie Beattie said...

Wow! Enjoy my dear! Hopefully there's another event soon and I can hear all about it.

Lindsay said...

Holy crap that place is awesome. I've stayed at the W in Boston before but it's nowhere near as cool as this place!

Noelani said...

I can't believe you are back so soon! It looks just drop dead gorgeous there. I will definitely consider this spot should we venture there (though Greece and Italy are at the top of the list now). Can't wait to see more.

STYLE'N said...

gorgeous! can't wait to see the rest of the photos from the trip!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

SUCH a cool hotel! I love the service, the views, the hotel pool and bar..awesome!