Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Barcelona Part 3: What I Wore

I'm actually going to cut Part 4 and just place the last couple of scenic shots in the bottom of this post. The trip was great and all, but I'm tired of talking about it and you're probably tired of hearing about it!

Whenever I travel I keep it simple and pack things that can be worn more than once (i.e. a simple cardigan worn at dinner will be worn while sight-seeing the next day, etc). I prefer to take a carry-on size suitcase if at all possible. Obviously, this is easier to do when traveling in the summer than in the colder months. Boots and sweaters take up a lot of space.

But enough chatter. Here's what I wore.


I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm no fashion plait. I do know what works for my body and lifestyle, though, and stick with dresses, cardigans and simple walkable flats (and the occasional sassy shoe) 90% of the time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Outfit #1
Dress: Juicy Couture
Cardigan: BCBG (pretty sure I had a death wish wearing a cardigan given the temperature)
Sandals: DV by DolceVita
Hat: Madewell

Outfit #2
Dress: Banana Republic (bought it from a blog sale!)
Sandals: DV by Dolce Vita
Hat: Madewell

Outfit #3
Dress: Va Va by Joy Han
Cardigan: Splendid
Shoes: Christian Louboutin

Outfit #4
Dress: Target (yeah, so I wore it last week. I'm a real people)
Shoes: DV by Dolce Vita
Cardigan: Splendid
Bag: Longchamp


And for grins and giggles, here are a few more scenic shots that I have not yet shared:



Okay, so not scenic, but the delicious calamari ravioli I had on my last night (nom nom x 10):

So who wants to start planning a blogger meet up in Barcelona? :)

9 comments:

Alison Kinsey said...

Barcelona looks sooo beautiful Rachael!! I'll have to catch up on your other posts about it. and umm hello, you are definitely a fashion plate :) i love your outfits! the Juicy Couture dress is pretty with the hat!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

yum that meal looks good! i knew i recognized that juicy dress...loving all 4 looks. great hat!

ps- strega is YUMMY. I recommend.

Lissy said...

Barcelona looks gorgeous; I'm dying to go! Love the striped dress in your third look.

Lissy

Jodi said...

Hello, found you through Boston Bloggers and now I'm your newest follower. I live in Boston too (although I'm from MA and have lived here most of my life). I'm looking forward to connection w/ other Boston bloggers and reading more of your blog. Love your Spain pics!

Tanya said...

Cute outfits!!! LOVE the hat!! as for blogger meet-up in Barcelona - COUNT ME IN!

Michele said...

I'm so jealous of your photos - Spain is a must-see on my list of places to visit.

Oh, and can I just say that I'm dying over the Va Va dress? What a fabulous outfit and love how you went with nude pumps.

STYLE'N said...

Gorgeous! and love that 3rd picture with the striped dress!

Kristen said...

The hat is so glam / chic! It adds the perfect touch to your outfits :) What a great trip!!!

Samantha said...

LOVE all your Barcelona outfits!! You looked muy bonita!!

And love the wonderful city shots too!

xo, sam