Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Boston Bloggers Event at 28 Degrees



How would I describe last night? First-class.

I have to give a shout out to my friend Kinsey Michaels for pulling this all together. She's the creator and driving force behind Boston Bloggers, and we're all going to miss her dearly when she moves to the west coast in September.

The Low Down
What: Boston Bloggers Mixer last night
Who: Approximately 45 ladies (and a handful of gentlemen) from the Boston blogging community
Where: The ultra-chic 28 Degrees Restaurant in the South End
Details: 28 Degrees mixed up some special Watermelon-blog-a-tinis for guests, and there were great little swag bags to take home, too.

It can be a little nerve-racking when attending networking and social events like this one, but I can honestly say that Boston Bloggers is full of welcoming and genuine individuals. I'm amazed and the connections you can make through blogging!

Before we get to the event photos, here's what I wore:

Dress: Xhileration
Shoes: Christian Louboutin


Photos from the mixer...
Me with Jaime from La vie...J'aime

Noelani from Mon Petit Chou Chou and Katy from Modly Chic

Amanda from Red Bird Vintage, Kinsey from Kinsey Michaels and me



If you're a Boston Blogger reading this who has not attended an event before, be sure to come out next time!

15 comments:

Lissy said...

Great recap! I was so sorry to miss it especially as 28 degrees is right around the corner from me. Sounds like everyone had a blast!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

yes- it was so fun and Kinsey did an awesome job! cute post :)

Alison Kinsey said...

awww thanks for the fabulous shoutout! how did i not see that you were wearing stunning CL heels to the event!!!!? :)
i'm so happy you came!!!

Katy Mary said...

Love your photos!! I'm so glad the event was fun for everyone.

Katy Rose said...

Great seeing you the other night! We really do need to meet-up. It's a crime that we live so close and don't see more of each other. And I didn't notice your heels in the dark, but in these pics, I'm totally loving them!! - Katy

Noelani said...

Hey, new blog look? Love it!! It was such a fabulous event. I kind of wish my bra strap didn't make an appearance that evening, quelle horreur, but then again, it was late in the evening when I posed for the photo, haha! Few too many blogitinis me thinks.

STYLE'N said...

You guys look fabulous!!!! Sorry I missed this fun event.

Anonymous said...

Meow I'm sad to hear I missed this! It's like every frickin' time I get the Improper and realize I missed cool stuff when it's too late.

I will aim for the next one, though I'm kind of an anonymous "closet" blogger and get shy :)

Anonymous said...

Meow I'm sad to hear I missed this! It's like every frickin' time I get the Improper and realize I missed cool stuff when it's too late.

I will aim for the next one, though I'm kind of an anonymous "closet" blogger and get shy :)

Kristen said...

It was such a fun event and a pleasure meeting you - can't wait to hear about Spain when you return!!!

Samantha said...

That's so awesome! One of my blogging friends wants to do a Fort Worth meetup! I'll definitely have to share this with her!

xo, sam

Heather said...

Love your dress! Also, wanted to say that Blog Sales United may be the best thing to happen to me since sliced bread. I have already made too many purchases!

Scorpion Disco said...

LOVED the shoes! Great to meet you :)

cheers,
renata

scorpiondisco.com

ali v. said...

so so wonderful to meet you at the blogger meet-up! it was so fun--and Kinsey did such a wonderful job bringing everyone together :) can't wait to see you at the next one! xoxo {av}

HOGGER + Co. said...

Such a cool event! Hope to join in next time!