Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Completely Random: Who Wants Bread?

If anything good came from Hurricane Irene, it's the loaves of banana bread I baked to keep from going stir crazy.

Back story: I'm weird about the ripeness level of the bananas I eat. I prefer them bright yellow. Forget it if they're really brown and soft--those suckers go to the freezer for future baked goods.

Well, that's all fine and good if someone (me) didn't completely overestimated my weekly banana consumption each week at the grocery store. Bananas were ripening faster than I could consume them, which resulted in this:


That's 27 accumulated bananas over the past few months, folks. A little insane if you ask me.

Yesterday was as good of a time as any to clear some of these things out of the freezer. Instead of bananas, I now have ample loaves of bread:


Good thing co-workers and office mates love free baked goods. I need to get this out of my house.

Yeah, I know, really random post, but it's a funny and light story for a Monday morning.

Have a great week, everyone :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're safe!

I am the same way about my bananas and I actually made banana bread this weekend (for the first time ever!)

Kristen said...

Did you have anything else in your freezer? Whoa! That said, the bread looks amazing!

Unknown said...

cool blog.

please visit my blog

www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

The Sisters' Hood said...

You have just made me realise that it is probably time i counted the bananas in our fridge too :)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

lol i love banana bread! my neighbor's mom made the best ...growing up we always ate it!

STYLE'N said...

OMG too funny. I am the exact same way..I have to have them yellow...not mushy or overripe at all! And I like that you froze the bananas. I should try that. I did try putting a couple of over ripe ones in the fridge but never got around to making banana bread. Banana bread is always so great with a cup of coffee! I am inspired to make some now. :)