Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

To Face Unafraid the Plans That We've Made

One thing's for certain: it's a winter wonderland here in Boston. The one thing more wondrous than a winter wonderland is the day off work that *sometimes* comes with it. Seems like everyone had their panties in a bunch yesterday leading up to the anticipated storm. I say bring on the snowpocalypse if it means I can wear tacky track pants tucked into slipper boots and work from home! After all, Captain Obvious says it's winter--the snow's gonna fall at some point.

So what does a work at home day look like?

In complete "What Not to Wear" contestant style, I slipped on some really gnarly looking clothing to run outside and snap a few pictures...



I kept on the gnarly clothes for the remainder of the day, which looked something like this...

Work station: personal computer, cell phone, work computer, coffee:


More coffee and some reading time (and also about 20 minutes worth of "Dr. Phil," which was about all the daytime television I could tolerate):


Bringin' sexy back with my stay-at-home-for-a-day work uniform. Brings back unpleasant memories of being unemployed ("Dr. Phil" is what really did me in):


Final thought: Work snow days are not nearly as fun as school snow days. You still have to check emails and be available because, unlike when you're in grade school or college, there ain't no escaping adult life. Word.

Not that I'm complaining. A day at home is a day at home :)

6 comments:

Sassy In The South said...

That's exactly what my OOTD's look like when I am at home all day as well. Too funny!

Emma said...

Looks like a pretty good day. I dodged the snow thank goodness ! It snowed the other night and by morning it was gone. I am Extremely Scared of snow. I feel trapped and wont leave the house. I got in a bad accident a few years back. A car slid into mine and caused much damage. Luckily no one was hurt. Hope you are having a good day !

Alison Kinsey said...

well well well, i love your work-from-home uniform! it definitely mirrors my own, haha :)
great pictures!
i am soo excited to see you next week at the styleboston thing. i couldn't believe how quickly all the tickets got scooped up.

Jane said...

I LOVE work from home days! I can watch, like, 4 full hours of back-to-back court tv shows, wear Ugg slippers, ratty sweat pants and not shave my legs. So great.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

there's more snow coming friday...ughh haha.

nice to meet you tonight at Style Bristol! :)

Emma said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my shoe post. That is Exactly how I feel. I Love a good pair of CLs or Manolos but for everyday wear it is Nine west etc. You said what I was thinking. Hope all is well.