Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Party In the City Where the Heat Is On

By some stroke of luck I found a job in this poor economic climate and by another stroke of luck the position allows me to travel, which is something I've always wanted in a job. Seriously, the path life sends you down is unpredictable.

Next week I'm off to Miami to do some work things with some work people (that's right), and am pretty damn excited about it. Yeah, I'll be working most of the time, but it's hard not to be stoked about ditching this crazy New England winter for a week. Trudging half a mile by foot through the snow as part of my morning commute has already become very old, and we're only one month into winter. Eh, but I'm from Nebraska, so I'm well acquainted with snow and horrible winters.

So back to Miami. I'll be keeping it pretty unfashionable in my sweet uniform for the week (bright colored polo shirt with black pants--awesome!), but I thought I'd take some time to imagine what I would hypothetically wear down there if I were: a) doing something a little more glamorous (like nibbling on salad rabbit style at some post restaurant along South Beach) and b) actually had the dough right now to be purchasing and wearing outfits costing $2000+.

Miami


Miami Day

Until that happens, there's always Polyvore to play pretend.


What will I actually pack? More on that later...

2 comments:

Emma said...

Miami ! I am Jealous. It will be nice to experience some nice weather lol. I Love these outfit sets, very chic. I need to win the lottery.

Alison Kinsey said...

ooh the day to night outfit is really fun!
i am soo envious you're going to Miami! it's definitely a very glamorous place and a lot of fun! will you get to go out at all and do any sightseeing? if you do, you must go to the beach, even to take some pics :) and shopping along lincoln ave is supposed to be lots of fun.