Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Outfits of the Weekend: Celebrate Good Times (and the Coolest Cake Ever)

There was all kinds of celebrating going on this weekend: The American Craft Beer Fest was in town on Friday (I didn't actually go since I'm not a fan of beer, but I met up with all of my inebriated friends afterward), MIT had a 150th celebration party last night, and today is SO's birthday.

Even though it's been unusually cold in Boston this week, I went ahead and put on a summery dress that I've been dying to wear on Friday night:


Dress: Va-Va (from Hautelook)
Shoes: Tory Burch

Last night was, in a word, AWESOME. MIT hosted "Toast to Tech," a 150-year anniversary celebration which also coincided with graduation weekend. Complimentary cupcakes, champagne and fireworks show? Yes, please.

A not-so great shot of the Prudential Center--so much cooler in person!

Mascot ice sculpture

Me with the mascot ice sculpture 'cause I liked it so much

Okay, now get ready for pictures of one of the most interesting and detailed recreation cakes I've ever seen. Seriously...






Neat, right? 
Unfortunately we didn't get a cupcake or a slice of cake because there were way too many people crowding around the tent as they were serving. You would have thought they were handing out fifty dollar bills or something judging by the crowd. The way I see it, though, I can eat a cupcake any old day. At least I walked away with pictures of it!

Oh, and here's what I wore (it was super-chilly last night):

Dress: Rachel Pally
Vest: Splendid
Tights: TJ Maxx
Shoes: Cole Haan
Necklace: Cartouche

7 comments:

La Belle Fabuleux said...

Cute! Love Va-Va that dress! Those cupcakes do look good lol Loving the second outfit too

XO,
Belle

Emma said...

That summer dress is SO AMAZING! I Absolutely Love it! I am also Loving the Rachel Pally, it reminds me a little of an ice skating dress. SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Your OOTDs are so cute! The cakes are AMAZING! I am always so shocked at what people are capable of creating.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

cute dress in pics 1 & 2! love the brights and stripes. those cakes are awesome!

Noelani said...

Wowsa! That is one hell of a cake! People just love free stuff. Doesn't matter what it is, but suddenly, everyone wants it. Drives me insane. Looks like a lovely evening and adorable outfit, per usual!

Tanya said...

um.. those cupcakes O_O!!!
Cute OOTD - love the one-shoulder look!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from kendi's 30x30. I loooove that striped dress its goregous! look forward to seeing your 30x30 results!