Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

First Shoegasm of 2011: Glittering Miu Miu Beauties

Shoegasms are hard to come by when one abstains from shopping. Heck, I can't even remember the last time I had one. It was definitely pre-Boston relocation and pre-"putting on my dowdy big girl dress and acknowledging that places like Saks no longer needed me popping in, like, four times a month." Oddly enough, I didn't really miss the shoegasms. I guess that's what happens when you have other more important things, like how you're going to tolerate eating boxed Kraft Macaroni & Cheese four meals in a row 'cause you barely have two dimes to rub together, to worry about.

And then I found these freaking fabulous Miu Miu platforms at the Saks Fifth Avenue on the Mag Mile in Chicago:


My hotel was situated between Saks and Neiman Marcus, so I had to go in. Sandwiching me between Saks and Neimans? That's like standing a recovering sex addict next to a hooker and a television stationed to Cinemax at 1:00 AM. Something's gonna give.

I couldn't leave without them. They were just too beautiful and reminded me a lot of the Louboutins I'd purchased a couple of years ago and then returned (I regretted doing that up until I found these). Since these were on sale, they were a fraction of the cost of the Louboutins and, in my opinion, are much better looking on my feet.


Thank goodness for birthday money. Perhaps if I were a better woman I would have used it to pay down debt, but I'm not. BTW, that red spot on my ankle is a bug bite, not the beginnings of Ebola or something else nasty.

And that shoegasm? GOD was it good. So good that I almost asked the sales woman if she wanted to share a smoke.

More on Chicago, my lack of wardrobe creativity and my lovely afternoon with Kinsey Michaels coming up this week...

5 comments:

Emma said...

OMG!!! Those are AMAZING!!! I LOVE Miu Miu! I also LOVE glitter! These shoes are Smokin Hot!! I am having a shoegasm just looking at them Lol!

Alison Kinsey said...

you already know what i think, but these shoes are stunning! have you considered having them be your wedding day shoes?

K A T H L E E N said...

omg those shoes are soo pretty!

Tanya said...

the shoes! THE SHOES!!!!! *falls over dead*

Lissy said...

I love all things Miu Miu and these glittery numbers are fantastic!