Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ballin' 1.5: The Good (and the Bad)

I love falling off the face of the earth for a few days. My brother graduated from college this past weekend and I flew back to Omaha to be there for the festivities. So I guess I really didn't fall off the face of the earth to those with whom I spent time in Nebraska, but to everyone everywhere else. I think I checked my email twice. Fantastic. Plus, spending time with my family is always a treat.

My sister, brother and me at his graduation party

Financially speaking, the past few weeks have been a mixture of success and failure.


Success: I paid off my Saks Fifth Avenue store card. Take that, $2880 balance!

Failure: I did too much shopping the past couple of weeks (including some charging). Yes, I may have surrendered all of my cards to my fiance (hah! I can say that now), but a couple of them ended up back in my possession due to reasons both legitimate and mildly sketchy. Whatever. I'm handing them back over and having him hide them somewhere new.

Now I'm on to tackling my Saks Mastercard. Originally I intended on paying my Nordstrom card off before it, but I like the idea of eliminating another card with a higher balance. The goal is to have both the Saks Mastercard and the Nordstrom card completely paid off by the middle of August.

I think I can, I think I can...

On a side note, I'll post some pictures and details about our engagement soon. It feels rad that my living situation/life is no longer a sham, but I'm pretty much the antithesis to most brides-to-be. Ideally, I'd like to forgo the whole dog and pony show for something MUCH smaller (court house wedding, anyone?), but I don't think that's how this will all shake out. Fortunately we have until summer and the winding down of his research until we begin making any decisions.

That's all I have for today. :)

2 comments:

Alison Kinsey said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your fam in Omaha, congrats to your brother on graduating college!
and i am completely intrigued and curious to hear the proposal story!!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

OMG congrats on your engagement!!! cannot wait to see pics/heard about it :)