Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

About That Engagement...

I knew it was coming.

We went to dinner in the North End on the Friday before I left for Omaha. Seeing as to how I'd informed him early that month that I was going to kill him if he didn't propose before I went home for my brother's graduation, I knew it had to be the night. I'm not big on romance--more like consequences.

We went to a great little restaurant called Pomodoro for dinner and then across the street to Mike's Pastry for a treat. After that we moseyed on down to Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park to inhale our pastries. Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park is one of my favorite areas in Boston, and SO is well aware. It's a bit tourist-y, but during my days of unemployment it was an area of the city far removed from any place I'd interviewed. When I hung out in that area of town, I almost forgot I was jobless and miserable and overexposed to episodes of Dr. Phil/rotten daytime television.

All aglow with my delectable pastry (pre-prosal)

We seated ourselves on the bench, took a few pictures with the pastry box (because we're weird) and had at our desserts. I was no further than halfway through my chocolate mousse filled cannoli when he pulled the ring box out of his pocket and asked me to marry him. 

And that's pretty much it. Honestly, it was nice and simple. At that point he could have proposed twenty feet away from a bum fight taking place on the rail road tracks we cross everyday walking to and from work (bum fights break out in that neck of the woods fairly regularly) and I would have been thrilled. It's just time to move to that next phase, you know?

Now we just need to set a date. I have NO intentions of turning this into a wedding blog, but I'll post things from time to time--it's only natural :)

5 comments:

Emma said...

I am not sure if the last comment went through so I will comment again....
Congrats and I LOVE that top! You look Fabulous as always!

La Belle Fabuleux said...

awww congratulations!!! =) By all means post some wedding stuff I love it. We'll make a year on the 23rd. Enjoy the planning and the engagement bliss =)

Belle

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

congrats again! sweet story (pun intended!!) :) and yes i want to see wedding stuff too!

Alison Kinsey said...

yay i'm so happy for you!!! what a cute proposal, and he did it in a nice, romantic spot!
i'm excited to hear about your wedding plans but totally understand your desire to keep your blog the way it is :)

Tanya said...

Congrats again, girl! How exciting :)
I'm all for simple proposals too, anything over the top just makes me anxious haha.