Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hilton Head Re-Cap and Boston Swapaholic Event

Thank you, Patriots' Day/Boston Marathon for affording me a three-day weekend after all of the traveling I've been doing.

I spent all of last week in Hilton Head, South Carolina, for a work-related meeting. The weather was phenomenal and I wish I'd had more time to lazy around on the beach and poolside. Alas, I wouldn't have even flown down there were it not for work, so 12-hour work days were the name of the game.

My one day of poolside bliss.
Atlantic Ocean

View from the porch at Chart House Restaurant

GORGEOUS view from Chart House. 

While the weather was lovely (80 degrees versus the 38-degree weather that accosted me when I exited the plane in Boston), I don't think I could ever live in a such a climate. I'd gladly take a vacation home down there, though :)

No more work travels on the itinerary. I'll be returning to Nebraska for my brother's graduation in two weeks and then on a road trip to Toronto with some friends early June. After that, I'm staying home.

On a different note, this Thursday I'll be attending my first ever Swapaholics event here in Boston.

I'm looking forward to it--there have been a number of Boston blogger events that have taken place over the past few months that I haven't been able to attend due to work/travel. And I'm DESPERATELY in need of some new threads. I'm doing so well with the debt reduction, but feeling the urge to spruce my closet up a bit. We'll see what I find on Thursday!

Here's the loot I'll be bringing to swap:


If you're in Boston, you should attend!

5 comments:

Emma said...

You have some great stuff! I wish I could attend the swap. The Charlotte Russe shoes are comfortable but the sizing is nuts. They are as comfortable as anything Steve Madden has out and the quality is about the same as Steve Madden shoes. They also come in shoe boxes. I haven't ever bought shoes at F21 mainly because they don't look as good and don't come in shoe boxes. I have heard bad things about F21 shoes like they will fall apart in a day etc. If you are going to buy some cheapies Charlotte Russe is the way to go. I would go in the store and try them on though. I like having them for rainy days.

Orange and Cloves said...

Looks so nice!

orangeandcloves.blogspot.com

Alison Kinsey said...

ooh you are going to have so much fun at the Swap Rachael! dozens of the gals you met at the StyleBoston tweetup will be there too.
I am still deciding on whether or not I'm attending, but I'll let you know if I do.
looks like you had fun in Hilton Head, the photos look so pretty. It's too bad that work trips almost always entail those long 12 hour days!

Young and Fabulous said...

I LOOOVE hilton head island! it is so pretty there and makes me want to skidaddle out of Boston and live in SC!

Yay for another Boston blogger! :)

xoxo thanks for the follow..following you now!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

it looks so beautiful there!

Nice to see you again last night :)

Jaime