Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cupcakin' It

Remember this post where I was all kinds of excited about decorating cupcakes? Today I finally got around to making a batch (it only took me three months).

Here was my holiday inspiration. Cute and festive, right?:



Yesterday I hit up the grocery store for supplies. I made a few modifications to the instructions in the book:


For the rabbit feet, the book called for white peanut candies (gross) and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I wasn't about to hunt around town for those, so I decided to improvise and use cut/frosted Sandies brand shortbread cookies for the feet.


 Patience plus a bit of preciseness yields cookie rabbit feet (these weren't finished yet)

Then came the task of icing the cupcakes and assembling everything. I nixed using crushed chocolate cookies for dirt because I wanted to use chocolate sprinkles instead. I also opted for Cadbury mini eggs instead of the Whopper Robin's Eggs the book lists (simply a matter of preference). 

Allow me to present the final product:


Cute, but I won't quit my day job. The rabbit feet turned out more than a little neanderthal-ish, though I assume they'll taste better than those white peanut candies. All in all, not bad for my first attempt at cupcake decorating. 

Here I am beaming with pride (and looking like I need to lay off the cupcakes. Boo):



On another note, next week I'm officially deeming Review Week. I'll be writing two unsolicited reviews and one for a product I've been contacted and asked to try.

Hope you're all having a lovely Easter.

3 comments:

Emma said...

You look Great and those cupcakes are Adorable! Great job!

Anonymous said...

They turned out absolutely fantastic! I am impressed girl! Happy Easter!

Alison Kinsey said...

those came out so good!! trust me, i would not have been able to make those....
tell me, how was the swap?!!! i am soo sad i missed out after reading all the recaps!