Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Barcelona Countdown: One Week

One week from today I’ll be leaving for a short visit to Barcelona, Spain. The trip is for work, but they always give us a little bit of free time to explore and enjoy ourselves. I can’t complain.

I’m especially looking forward to the hotel, as it looks like a miniature version of the Jumeirah in Dubai and is right on the beach. I’ll take plenty of pictures.


 
 Photos via http://www.w-barcelona.com/

I’m keeping my list of things to do short since I’ll only be there for a few days (and since work is priority, obviously). Here are my “musts”:

Go to the Beach

That's pretty obvious. I’ll be happy if I even have an hour to splash around in the Mediterranean.


Image via arizonafoothillsmag.com

See La Sagrada Familia Basillica

Another obvious one. No shame in being a little tourist-y.
Photo via Perfecttravelblog.com


Enjoy plenty of paella and sangria

My favorite part of traveling is the dining aspect. Can’t wait to sample the local fare. I love paella, so I imagine I’ll be eating my fair share. Sitting and people watching over a good plate of food is always a delight.


Photo via alamodeus.net 
 
I told you it was a short list. If you’ve been to Barcelona and have any suggestions, I’m all ears!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

if you have time, definitely get to guell park. it has an amazing view of the city. it's just gorgeous. bring bread/cheese/wine/pastries/ sunscreen and eat and watch people in the park.

wander off the rambla for paella - we found really good paella by the wharf and actually down by the W. bring comfy shoes for lots of walking.

be prepared to wait for the sagrada familia - i've never actually been inside it because 1) the line is way too long and 2) i hear the outside is better than the inside.

there's the picasso and miro museums if you like that kind of stuff. definitely get a fresh fruit smoothie in the big market off the rambla - i think its 1Eu and so good.

have churros con chocolate with a coffee and try not to lick the plate.

watch your valuables while walking, particularly down la rambla.

i'm so jealous. i was there in march and it honestly feels like years ago... have a blast!

STYLE'N said...

so jealous! I have been to Spain once and hit Madrid, SEville, and the Marbella. I would love to go to Barcelona some day! Have a fabulous time..be sure to buy some amazing shoes and/or a handbag there!!!

Tanya said...

How awesome! Have a fantastic trip (it'll be hard not to!). Take lots of pics so we can live vicariously through you :)

Kristen said...

I am heading there in Sept! I can't wait. I am definitely excited for all the things you speak about!

Kristen said...

You didn't mention that last night! Let me know what you think - my husband and I are going to Germany in January to visit family and were thinking about a stop in Barcelona on the way back...

Becca {A Blonde's Logic} said...

I'm very jealous! Those pictures look fabulous! You'll have a great time!

Becca
http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

I was in Barcelona last summer and it's a beautiful city! I posted about it on my blog here and here, if you want to check it out - maybe it'll help with your list.

I would definitely try to make time for the Fonte Magica and a walk through the Barri Gotic, simply gorgeous.

Have an amazing time!

Jessica said...

You lucky duck! La Sagrada Familia is just awesome. I went to Barcelona a couple of years ago and loved it.

To answer your question on my blog, you should definitely try out the laundry soap. I use it for everything - even delicates - and it works great!

From Suns To Moons said...

Amazing! I'm so jealous of this trip of yours. I guess I need a change of profession in order to travel like this.