Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rendez-Vous New England (A Month After the Fact)

A month ago I attended the Saturday night mixer portion of Rendez-Vous New England, hosted by {long distance loving} and Cornflake Dreams. Why am I recapping now? Because life has been crazy and a task is better completed later than never, right?

My takeaway points:
1. The Boston/New England-area bloggers are a welcoming and friendly bunch. No divas here.
2. Meeting new people, socializing and enjoying a pretty cocktail in a swanky venue is a great way to spend a Saturday night. I rarely get out these days, so the event was a welcome change in pace.
3. The organizers did a fantastic job (thanks, ladies! :) )
4. I look forward to attending similar events in the future.

Man, that recap came out like a horrible "Intro to Creative Writing" assignment. When words fail, use photos:
Group Shot



Emily from So Anthro and her pretty cocktail

Mixing and mingling

I'm on a hiatus now. Will be back when work loosens its grip from around my neck--hopefully sooner than later. Can I wish myself Godspeed?

9 comments:

Alison Kinsey said...

awww these pictures make me miss you Rachael and all the other fab Boston ladies so much!!! looks like it was a great mixer!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

you got some great shots! and yes, better late than never :) hope you are doing well!

Noelani said...

Ugh sorry to hear work is such a hot mess. I feel you. I am constantly trying to catch up with reading, posting, new ideas, and it never happens, so don't feel bad. And, I was away and missed the event all together. Sad face.

Anonymous said...

Aw so much fun! I love your outfit. You always look so pretty and put together. Emily's drink does look tasty. I love the Gummy Bears!

I am *dying* for a bloggy meet-yp, but this time of the year (up until January!) is so busy for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Love this recap and loved meeting you!! Can't wait until we can all do this again soon :)

Jenny said...

How awesome!

You look great...ASSSSS usual :)

Kristen said...

Love these shots! Especially the last one of you in your fab dress making the OMG face at (someone who I think is) Emily....

Disturbed Style said...

Wow! Great blog and photos! I love it :)

Katherine said...

What a beautiful group! Thank you for sharing :)