Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Things

For the time being, my weekends can best be compared to running virus software on a computer. By the end of the work week I'm a jumbled miserable mess full of toxins and my weekend activities serve as the sort of software that gets in there and revives me and makes me all fresh and new again. I'll save resetting the BIOS for vacation (hah! whenever that happens) or, Lord forbid, when I make a more drastic move.

But let's talk happy things like pumpkins and apple-picking and bewitchingly good times in Salem.

I'm definitely work's bitch right now, but have managed to make time on the weekend to do all of my favorite fall things. I'm hoping my current work misery is as fleeting as the fall season.

Last weekend we went up to a local orchard to pick apples...and pose by tractors, eat apple cider donuts, look at cute farm animals and generally escape the corporate/academic hell(s) that currently control our existences. 




Come back! Me want more apples!




Yesterday we continued our annual tradition of heading up to Harvard to check out the Head of the Charles Regatta or, as I like to call it, the Blue Blood Carnival.




Finally, today we trekked up to Salem for a decidedly different sort of carnival. Actually, Salem is a charming town even without all of the crazy Halloween shenanigans (don't get me wrong--I love the Halloween shenanigans!) Property up there is helluva lot cheaper in Salem than in Boston, so maybe we'll make a second home there some day. Hah...









I look at these next two images and all I see are work analogies...







And, finally, the strawberry and Nutella crepe we consumed before leaving:

Hope you all are having a festive and enjoyable fall :)
I'm crawling back into the depths of despair now.

6 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Fun fall activities! I missed the Head of the Charles this year but went the lsat 2 years..so nice to lay out and people watch. Love that leather jacket you are wearing w/ the blue dress too!

Anonymous said...

Aww what fun photos! I also stopped by Head of the Charles, one of my favorite weekends in Boston!

Noelani said...

Hah! I like the new title of Blue Blood Carnival. I steered clear all weekend to avoid traffic in the square;)

Kristen said...

That very first photo of you and the tractor is adorable. And the stockades? Hilarious! Glad you got a nice break!!

Jessica said...

Such great photos!! It looks like you had an awesome time. The leaves are so beautiful! It's good to get a little break from work sometimes :)

Samantha said...

Hope work gets better for you. Those are some fun fall pics.

Loving that blue dress and leather jacket combo! :)

xo~sam