Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Love Letter

With the turn life (aka: work) has taken over the past three weeks, I'm really afraid that I'm not going to have the time or energy to enjoy the month of October. I've been putting in 12+ hour days, which wouldn't be a huge issue during any other season, but who wants to slave away in a cubicle when there are apples to be picked, fall goodies to be baked and trips to Salem to be made?

I'm making a trip to Richmond, VA at the end of the month for the wedding of one of my best friends. More than occasionally do I feel homesick for Richmond. I only lived there for a little less than three years, but it's just as beautiful and charming as Boston.

I took these photos two years ago on a perfect October Sunday along Monument Avenue in Richmond. Strange as it my sound, the two hours I spent alone walking and snapping photos is one of my all-time favorite memories.

Alas, here are the photos (best to post today before October's work schedule eats me alive). I'm calling this post a love letter to Richmond and to the fall season.









10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous pictures!! Fall is such a pretty season and as much as I hate the cold weather that comes after it, I love that we get to experience all 4 seasons here in New England!

Shanna-Marie Beattie said...

Great pics and foliage. You need vacation my dear, and not another work trip either. I totally understand how you feel though. Hope you get some much needed r&r! :)

Lissy said...

The photos are gorgeous and I feel your pain about the work thing. I've been working like that for months with no end in sight. It totally sucks.

Noelani said...

The photos are stunning! And just coming off a vacation, I can safely pronounce it was just what the doctor ordered after a busy busy work packed month. I prescribe that you take one ASAP!

Tanya said...

amazing foliage shots. This is why fall is my fave!!

Alison Kinsey said...

aww these pictures definitely make me appreciate fall on the east coast. i can see why you miss it, but that's so great that you're going back to richmond soon for a visit!

Katherine said...

Wow I really miss the leaves changing colors....gorgeous

Michele said...

Those photos make me so happy. Good luck getting through the work crunch.

London Wishes said...

You are feeling homesick for Richmond and we can understand why :)

Love from London Wishes

Caith and Eva

www.londonwishes.com

Jessica said...

So beautiful!! I wish it looked like that here. And if I could, I would take a trip to Salem pronto!